How to Identify the quality of microfiber leather
1. Check the surface grains. The texture of high quality microfiber is more clear and the surface layer feels really like genuine leather. However, the poor quality microfiber leather texture is rough and with strong sense of plastics.
2. Handfeeling. High quality microfiber has a good feel and the elasticity, comfort are also very high.
3. Check the crease. Folding the different microfiber leathers, and then check and compare the the crease, also check if the crease can disappear soon or not when the recovery. The smaller crease, the faster disappearance, means the better performance of surface PU attached microfiber base. This is an important indicator for high quality microfiber.
4. Check the scratches. Scrape the surface of the microfiber with a hard object to see if it will leave scratches. The surface of the high quality microfiber is with outstanding scratch resistant.
5. Hydrolysis resistance. High quality microfiber is very resistant to hydrolysis. Of course, this is difficult to distinguish with the naked eye, but must ask clearly when the procurement.
6. Base fabric. Base fabric is a key component for microfiber leather and it is related to the overall performance of microfiber. A good base fabric means the performance of microfiber is more stable.
Microfiber leather or real leather?
1. Microfibrer leather is high-class synthetic leather which perfectly replicates features of real leather such as the handfeeling, breathability and moisture absorption etc.
2. The performance of microfiber including chemical and abrasion resistance, anti-crease, aging resistance etc are better than genuine leather.
3. Because the real leather is animal skin, so it has a strange smell. If the formaldehyde and heavy metals exceed the standards in the production process, usually the real leather would has a pungent odour. However, the microfiber is anti-odour.
4. Based on the quality distribution on natural hide, the amount of usable leather is about 60 to 80% only. However, the microfiber is not limited by this, it is produced in roll form, also the quality of microfiber is very stable.
Microfiber leather or PU leather?
1. The price difference. The general price range of ordinary PU microfiber leather in the market is lower than microfiber leather.